RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Lance Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?

To Matt's question, my 14 mz is running in 'PPM 12' mode, so I've got 12 channels available. I don't use the MPDX-1 on my setup. I just plug everything straight into the 12-30 receiver (it has 30 plug in's for servo's). I don't have a single 'Y' in the plane. Everything simply plugs straight into the receiver, nice and simple.

David raises a good point, that it can be simple if you want it to be. I've just got a Weatronics micro receiver in my trusty, now 13 year old (and almost 700 flights) F-15, and really don't pay any attention to it, and just go flying like I used to before. I checked the RF signal quality a bit when the receiver was first installed, but since then, don't worry much about it.

I'd heard about those patch antennae's as well, and am very interested to learn more about them. The SR-71 antennae positions are now acceptable, but there are a few angles and distances, that for a very brief moment, I get less than ideal signal. Do I ever notice or feel it in flight? Nope. But still I can see it's there, and would like to improve it.

Now that I'm getting more comfortable with the bird, I'm flying it further than before. Much to my surprise, I'm reaching points that I'm flying a half a mile away from my location, on the far sides of turnarounds. Knowing the signal is solid in those specific places is a nice piece of mind.

Lance