RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new Tornado sport jet
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:09 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Yeah my buddies were asking if I had put it in. My ailerons are Y'd together though so would have to make some changes if I did it. With flaps down I am flying about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and lower the throttle to control decent and once I am over the runway, i pull the nose up and add back in a couple clicks of throttle and hold those nose off. It seems to settle in nicely with no hint of stalling. Tomorrow is supposed to be a calmer day so I will see how it changes things. I may even end up adding more flap. I like to have a ton of flap on jets and come in with a lot of power so its like an airbrake when I cut the power. My friend said his son got punished tonight so he got sent to his room so he has not sent me the video. ugggh. LOL

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

You may find crow will help stabalise the thing during a no wind day, it adds wash out to the wing tips and helps lower the tip stalling speed, it also has the side effect of increasing the rate of decent, so you can land with more flap and power in a nose high attitude, great fun to play with on landing and makes you look a real hot shot pilot.

Mike