RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane aileron setup
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 PM
ckreef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biplane aileron setup

I bought my Reactor from a club member - he did an excellent job building and configuring it. It's perfectly trimmed through the hardware linkage. If balanced correctly all the control surfaces can be mechanically set at "Zero" so no need to subtrim each individual servo.

This is the easiest flying, most smooth plane I have in my hanger. Point and angle it where you want it to go and it stays on that path. Great Planes did an excellent job designing this Bi-plane. I only wish more ARF's were of this flying quality.

The only downfall of this Bi-plane is week main gear and a week center post. For the main landing gear, come in for a landing a little hot as she will drop hard onto the tarmac unless you grease her in. With regards to the center post, once bolted together it's plenty strong but a build stand is almost a necessity for assembly/dis-assembly. If you have even a slight wind to deal with at the field when assembling then try and get someone to help hold the wings in place until you have them bolted down (so you don't crack the center post.)