RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I set the initial carb settings according to Bill Robinson's method ....LSN adjusted even with the throttle barrel and HSN5 turns out. Did Imis-read that part? 2 turns out on the HSN seems extremely lean to me compared to the method I've been using. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

The results from the latest tuning attempt were not good. As you recall, Ihad the engine peaking arount 10k but, the idle was a bit high and rough. Irefueled with heli fuel (30% nitro 23% lube) and retweaked the low end until it tried to die and then fattened it up about 1/8 turn. However, when Iwent back to check the high end, it bogged down and died (transition was shot). So, Ifattened up the low end enough to allow it to peak and the best Iwas able to get was around 8600 rpm with about 4 clicks on the HSNtoward lean. Going richer with the HSN brought the rpm down to 6400 before it died. It was running very hot so Ishut it down.
I'm really frustrated with this thing but, I'll give it another try with the HSN2 turns our instead of 5 turns out. If this doesn't do it, I'll start looking for parts to rebuild the carb.

RJ