RCU Forums - View Single Post - rookie needs help buying a rc truck!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: rookie needs help buying a rc truck!

ORIGINAL: budbuzz350

thanks everyone for the info. it really helps. i really liked the traxxas stampede xl-5. but read alot of negatives on it. then i ran into the redcats.
the only good thing about traxxas stampede is that they have parts at your local hobby shop. ( even then if they don't have what you need . you still have to order it) so i am going to buy the redcat volcanoexppro i read alot if good things about them. parts are easy to find too. however i do want a nitro revo(or similar). i think i will build one tho. it's easier to pay little by little then have $600+ up front. . people do say the older stampede are pretty sweet,. just not the xl-5. they say there over price for what you get and plan on doing alot of upgrades.
best option for that would be to buy a used roller, and just fix it up
honesty you can get some GOOD deals on stuff for example like used jammin X1 CRT's and they will rip a revo up any day
I paid $120 shipped for mine and the thing is designed like a tank. I know one member here I think paid $100 or so for a complete one.
Generally building part by part you will pay at least 1.5-2X more in the long run than just out right buying it