RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9VHP set up instructions
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 AM
RCDENT
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9VHP set up instructions

Wow, what an interesting thread to find! I too am a great fan of the 9V series. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, as I wrote (or should I say "translated") the manuals for both the 9VAP and VHP radios, working with Steve Helms at Futaba. I was given manuals published in Japanese and a typed set of text in "Japanglish". I spent most of my spare time for about 6 months "playing" with the transmitters and trying to decipher what the instructions meant. It was oftern challenging, because the "translation" I was given was nearly unintelligible in many sections, and these were the first truly programmable radios ever offered with anywhere near the number of features included. I still have two 9VAP's and one 9VHP. Radio South does a great job of helping me keep them going. I fly on 6 meters and the radios have always been rock solid. I'll be glad to try and help with any programming problems that anyone has.

I'm not a radio technician, so I can't help much in terms of converting to 2.4, etc.

I have one question of my own. Shortly after finishing the manuals, I took about a 10 year "vacation" from R/C. I resumed fixed wing R/C about 2002, but haven't done anything with heli's since the early 1990's. Will the 9VHP fly a modern heli? I'm not talking the latest extreme 3D stuff. Just would like to fly something upscale from the coax RTF jobs.

Dewey Newbold
RCDENT