RCU Forums - View Single Post - Strongest 46 engine
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strongest 46 engine

I just ordered a gently-used .46AX from the RCU classified the other day. There are several others...maybe even a NIB one, so take a look.

That said....

I took a long, hard look at both the JETT 46 (which is being discontinued, so it's 'only' $250 now, but you need to call to see if they have any left), and a new (2011) Rossi .46, [link=http://www.planethobby.com/product.php?productid=983&cat=74&page=1]the R46CR[/link] I made a post asking about this engine here in this forum, but nobody replied. It's only $195, fully made in Italy, and pretty sweet looking.

Apparently, it's a completely different beast than the 'high-strung' racing & pattern engines they've been known for for decades. According to Allen Worley @ PlanetHobby:
Dean: This engine is custom made for your requirements [reliable/easy to use & tune] as I see it. It is a different type of engine than those made for speed and racing events. Very user friendly.
It's a whole new line for Rossi, ranging from .26 to .91 (see [link=http://www.novarossi.it/files/catalogs/Catalog-rex-2012.pdf]their 2012 catalog, starting at page 9 or so[/link] )

And from and email Novarossi in Italy sent me (nice customer service:
The CR MODELS are the smoothest and best running engines we have ever seen in the R/C industry. Everyone involved with the test, which included some very experienced flyers, agreed that these are really excellent engines.
They are powerful, low in vibration and extremely responsive in the transition from any speed.

Tech tips for 46 CR
Fuel:
10% Nitro & 20% oil (½ castor & ½ synthetic)
Prop. 10 x 6 – 11 x 6 or 10 x5 do not change low speed idle from factory setting. High speed needle close also on setting.
Notes:
The .46 is very easy to start typically 1 or two hand flips. Very low o vibration - smooth. Engine’s stable thru flights with no changes throughout maneuvers. Powerful yet low noise
Thank you
Will somebody PLEASE buy one so you can tell us what you think?