RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please stop me from buying a D8T....
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Please stop me from buying a D8T....

I say go for it.

There are a few things you should be clear about though:

1.) Racing is expensive.
2.) Racing is expensive.
3.) Racing is expensive.

Once you have the kit, you will of course need an engine, pipe, servos, at least two sets of tires, and probably a few of whatever the key upgrades are that people make on the D8T. Do you have a starter box? A must... And so on..

If you have the bug and want a truggy and to try racing, then go for it. I like the idea of buying a kit for the winter, and decking it out over a few months. I did exactly the same thing last winter with an RC8.2 buggy.. - which I'm now selling, because I just can't make the commitments required to really pursue racing.. Everybody's situation is different though. Racing might be a lot easier for you than it is for me. I think if I lived in the States I would probably like it a lot more. Here it's very uptight, requires a lot of travelling, and massive time commitments.. I for ex. find it hard to dedicate an ENTIRE weekend - for ex. from 8am Sat to 5pm or so on Sunday.. Sometimes starting even on Friday..

But again, that's just me. Your situation is different. It might be good advice though to suggest going down to the local track and talking to some people.

If like me you're hooked on nitro RC, then racing can be cool. Just don't kid yourself. It's gonna' cost more than $334 to get into it.. A lot more.

(not trying to scare you off, just to make it clear..)