RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please stop me from buying a D8T....
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 AM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please stop me from buying a D8T....

ORIGINAL: supertib

the D8T is excellent....tho 99% of the ones I see at the track have been hopped up to the point they cost just as much as the other cars....the guys say the drivetrain wears a little faster and many of them are using Kyosho outdrives and shafts........For bashing I am not sure the car would need anything other then maybe the hing pin hoppups they have......The car handles well, seems quite durable and all in all is a hell of a machine.....For bashing I suggest a stronger engine like a 28...for racing a stout .21.....
FWIW

The D8T uses an offset driveline design and it's true that it will wear a bit faster than a straight through design. But there are other brands that centeralize the engine using such a design and they also find somewhat increased wear with the front driveshaft.It's inherent with the desigtn. HB offers the DCJ driveshaft which minimizes the wear.

When Kyosho was breaking their outdrives (along with axles), they were using HB replacement outdrives. And years ago, when Kyosho was blowing out their diff spyder gears, guess what gears they were going to? Yep, HB gears.

Nice thingabout HB is that it is EBay friendly. Replace a chassis for $25 Try that with other brands.