RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

Dirtybird,
I'm sorry to hear that it is the same all over! It is easy and convienant to blame the economy, but I think there is much more to this equation than just that! With many of the younger generations, including mine(I'm 50), if it isn't plug-n-play it is either above their skill level or more than they want to deal with! It is sad to see these old timers that have an ability to build a bird from scratch and the new entilement generation that have no desire to apply themselves and learn how to do the things past generations can and did do! We have become a very inward society hidden in our climate controlled boxes, better known as homes, not willing to go out in nature and challange ourselves! Radio's and planes have almost become bullet proof with all the improvements over the years! Batteries are better than ever along with servos, engines and radio equipment! I guess most people would rather sit at home and live in a virtual world than go out and experience the real thing! We went from the greatest generation to the give me generation, and no I won't take that back, to be politically correct and not hurt anyone's pathetic feelings!!! When we were kids we knew better than tell my dad we can't do something, because his response would be "stay at it till you can"!