RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please stop me from buying a D8T....
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please stop me from buying a D8T....

I hang my rc's. It keeps flat spots off the tires.
ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Thanks for the responses. FWIW, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek regarding the wife. it's not so much about the money with her, but more "why do you need more than one rc car?"

HerrSavage, I was looking at engines last evening, and noticed that "Go-Technology" one. I'd never heard of them, so was unsure if that was a deal or not. I believe you when you state racing is expensive. One reason why I've shyed away from it to-date. I doubt I will ever be competitive...but do want to at least ensure my vehicle is not a liability- at a minimum.

With that said, assuming the price point for the D8T remains consistent (i.e. it does not go UP)...I probably will just wait until we move to buy it. The optimist inside of me says "That is one fewer item I'll have tomove." Ha!

On a completely different side note, I have convinced my wife to let me build a "Mother-in-law" suite at our new home (our lot is almost two acres so we have the room). 1/2 of it will be a small living room with a bathroom and kitchen. My mother-in-law is not moving in (thank God)..so my son and I will use it as our "man cave". The best part, is that the second part of it (paritioned by a wall and separate entrance) will be my work shop!! I'm working with a builder to design it (and getting a great deal on it). Needless to say, I am stoked about this.At some point, I'dappreciate all of your suggestions for the work-shop part of it. Example: I recently learned on here the advantages of hanging cars instead of keeping them flat on a shelves, so will keep that in mind during the design.

Thanks again for everyone's responses. I duly appreciate it!