RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swoose Build
Thread: Swoose Build
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Swoose Build

Gene, you did inspire me to keep at it after I saw your Cobra. If you can build those two wings for a Bipe I figured I could build the two singles. When you posted your photos I was having wing burn out. The wing jig I used made it very easy to build each wing halve.
Vince, I really didn't do a build thread. The servers make photo posting of my photos too difficult/slow and error 500s even after I reduced the size. The build was a lot of fun though but I agree, two of them was work.
When they are both finished I will take them both over to one of the golf courses and take some water shots. Very green water but that should show off the planes. My friend doesn't know what color of covering he will be using yet so I haven't installed the pilot, I have one in blue and one in yellow from some ARFs I assembled for people. I did a tint of red for his canopy and blue for mine. I have three colors of two part epoxy and I want to try to use an air brush to blend them. That should be good for a laugh, I have zero talent or skill with one.
Gene
If I make it over to the float fly in Nov. they hold at the London Bridge they may be ready to fly? If my AMA card is renewed then I will fly them, if not I may ask John Buckner to do the honors for me.