RCU Forums - View Single Post - $1,000.00 bounty offered to fix COMP ARF A4 steering
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: $1,000.00 bounty offered to fix COMP ARF A4 steering

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

1-2.) the system leaks, doesn't move the nose gear properly, won't center, requires too much force to move and when it does it only moves 1/2 of the time. There is no way to bleed the air.
3. ) replace with closed system with a pump, cylinder block type system or improve on the cylinders provided. I need a system that won't leak causing air bubbles.

I guess my post drew some attention. Thanks for offering to help.

Andy
Looking at the pictures I can see where you would encounter difficulties. The travel on the cylinder that runs the gray line has to be less than the one that runs the black line since the ram displaces a significant amount of fluid. Unless the travels are pretty much just right, when you turn one way the system will cavitate and the wheel will be free to move some amount. Turning the other way would cause the system to bind. You might could attach one cylinder with a clevis and then use a stiff compression spring between the ram and servo arm to drive the other side, which would at least get rid of any cavitation or binding. The better answer would be to use the same cylinder on both ends.
Steven