RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJCraft Episode
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BJCraft Episode

ORIGINAL: pippy

Hi shannah,I like the method of installing the rudder servo you have done. But how do you get at the screws?

It is pretty accessible. But, to be sure, I tested it before I glued in the tray...

I put the servo in the tray before installation and screwed it in. Then removed the screws and the servo. This makes it easier to screw it in once installed since the holes already have been threaded.

I use socket head servo screws from Microfasteners.com http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...ategory=SHWHMS

Then, I use a ball head hex driver so that you can be at a slight angle. Once I get the screws pretty well driven in I use one of those simple hex drivers with the 90 degree bend to torque completely.

You can use a phillips head screw and drive in the screws with a phillips head driver bit from a socket driver. Just twist the bit with your fingers. Or, use one of those flexi shaft socket driver things you can get at Harbor Freight.

Keep in mind that there is a big access hatch in the side of the fuse on the Nuance and Episode and there is also a large cutout in the stab mounting area. That makes it easy. If you are going to do this on a plane which has no access hatch (i.e. Passport) you'll either need to cut a hatch in the side or put one in the bottom and go in from underneath.