RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: spena

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: spena

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Well for the first time since I have owned the XS, I pulled apart the transmission to inspect and clean it. The slipper pad has been completely torn to shreds but remained in the transmission in a powdery form lol. It was totally gone, but it still wad enough material left on the hub to grip lol. Crazy. Now the diagram in the manual seems to show 2 slipper pads. Mine only had one. Correct me if I am wrong.
remove the small pin and the other side with the other slipper pad should be there.
when i wascleaning my center transmission, both pads look very worn out. going to replace them before putting it back together.

question, I cleaned off all theoil sludge in the center transmission cause most of it were turning green.. Can i just used wd40 to replace that oil sludge?
Yea I took the whole transmission apart and only saw one pad. Maybe the other was just completely gone off the hub and showed no signs of being there. I washed all my gears and tranny casewith soap and water, cleaned bearings with WD-40, put a drop or two of oil in them and made sure it got inside the bearings. WD-40 all gears/screws to prevent rust, and put high temp grease in the tranny. It rolls very smooth and quietly now. Way better than new.
yeah my slipper pad didnt look like pad, just some really black dirt lol.

where should put the grease on to?around the teeth ofthe idle gear?
I put the grease on all the gears. That way, less heat and friction