RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

It almost becomes a feeling of desertion as I see past flying buddies giving it up! Being honest, I really don't like the foamy invasion for a couple of reasons, 1) Some, not all, are much more careless when other more expensive birds are in the air and will more than likely be the one to fly directly in your flight path because they have very little to lose! 2)There is a challange to building(kit) or assembling an arf where a engine has to be mounted, servo's and linkages installed and a complete radio and wiring system put into the plane! 3) I have a hard enough time seeing my 30cc planes, let alone, a little tiny toy foamy! 4) Bringing a kit built or assembled arf to the field and flying it successfully gives me a sense of accomplishment that I could never get from rtf foamy! Personally, I would be embarrased to bring a toy foamy to the field! I'm glad to have the foamy guys at the field to add to the head count, but would prefer wood or composite planes! If it was mainly foamies when I got into the hobby, I wouldn't have lasted long because the "cool factor would have evaporated quickly and I would have been onto something else! I was taught as a child when we were the greatest country in the world, to reach for the stars, and not for some mass produced, rtf, toy foamy! I hope that I haven't offended anyone, but if I have, sorry about your luck!