RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Servo - Futaba BLS171HV
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:18 AM
atul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Servo - Futaba BLS171HV

Jim,

How bad is the centering problem with the S9070SB? I've just purchased some HV Servos for my first Futaba 18MZ project (a Naruke Aries, which I've just completed). Naruke's suggestion was to use the BLS 174HVs for Ailerons, BLS 175HV for rudder (though, IMHO, the BLS 171HV will be more than sufficient for the rudder as well) and S9070SBs for the elevators. I was planning on using a BLS 171HV for the throttle but decided to switch to an S9020SB for the throttle instead. If there's a centering problem with this servo, do you think its better to switch to the BLS 153 instead? I'm not sure whether the BLS153 can handle 7.4V though and all the other servos (BLS 174/175) required 7.4V.

Thanks,

Atul

[/quote]

I don't know where I got the idea the S9070SB was brushless but I took one apart today and there are only two wires to the motor so I'm sure they are not brushless and therefore don't have the same features as the BLS 171HV. I also found out why they don't center well. The feedback pot is on the circuit board and is mechanical coupled to the gear train by what amounts to a flat screw driver in a slotted screw. I was thinking about putting a drop of thick CA in there and buttoning it up, but I'd probably never get it open again. Anyway that tells me there is no reason the BLS171HV shouldn't be a great servo.

Jim O

[/quote]