RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

We have a few new members this year, two are under 16 and the one loves to build and tinker while the other is content with foamies and elec. ARF's . Another younger member (mid 30's) is also into building. However we have had quite a few younger(under 16) and a few not so young members who got bored quickly with it and would rather be back on their x-boxes and ipads.
There was a comment about the parents and I agree that the parents play a huge role with younger members. At least one of the parents of each of our junior members is very involved in their kids hobby and simply do not drop them off and come pick them up when they are finished. They stay ,watch, help, and interact with the other parents and members. I do believe a few of the younger members stopped coming due in part to the lack of participation with their parents. Either way as I said before it takes a lot work to get new members and just as much if not more to keep them.