RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

It's the cars, man.  Way back when i was a kid RC was planes.  Then the sailboats were added.  Then the boats, espcecially war boats with guns.  Now it's cars, buggies, monster trucks  and tanks.  Yep, those pesky cars are stealing our pilots from us. [:'(]

Seriously, though, there is an attitude of "screw the club" rising.  At least one poster above showed it.  That attitude may be the result of the RTF Park Flyer instant gratification phenomenom - or it may just be the "I don't need no stinkin rules" attitude.  But it is really hurting the hobby because the problems it creates are attracting the wrong kind of attention - government attention.  I think clubs, like the hobby shops and even the AMA itself, should expand their interests into more than just planes.  Many clubs still don't want helis around instead of setting aside an area for them.  And very few clubs actually have a place for buggies, etc.  This is one hobby - RCUniverse sure isn't limited to planes.