RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 AM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

The hobby of dreams and the sport of flying? As a member of two clubs with long history's. I have had the chance to see the clubs change and yes, stay the same. The oldest and biggest club has been as high as two hundred members and as low as thirty. Right now the club is growing. Yesterday there was twenty people flying, OK, twenty people at the field. Friday there will be twenty or so. Saturday and Sunday will have a equal number, but a different bunch. The first thought would be the guys that fly during the week are the retired gang. Yes and No. In this area we have a lot of shift work. There is also a large amount of week end work here. The other club I belong to is kind of the same, but it is a week end place. All the points made on this thread could apply to my clubs at different times in their history.
Like one person put it. He was giving up on quitting the hobby. I think I know how he feels. Was the OP on to something? Yes, I think for him right now he has it right. Is those in clubs that have a growing population correct? Yes for them. Yes I think the times are a changing, but the thing stays the same. The OP has given us a chance to see we are not alone in this venture and there is not much difference in any of us.