RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

I'll echo Jonesy's suggestion on the 2218; I have it in both 3200KV and 3550KV variants. A FINEmotor, and at $12 a bargain. I'll recommend the 3200KV for you as a beginner; no need to be torturing your batteries with the 3550 while you're still getting the hang of throttle/pitch curves. I dunno... maybe even the 2500KV. What's your opinion Jonesy?

mnem

I'd say go straight for the 3550 and run an 11t pinion and you could even run something like a 90,85,80,85,90 throttle curve to take a bit of the sting out if your worried about headspeed. But keep in mind headspeed is your friend. I ran a higher headspeed when Iwas learning for the extra stability and Ithink Ibenefited from it. For $12 bucks they are a great motor and you can put a 12t on it later on. I would not run anything more than a 12t at flat 100% throttle curve on the hk450gt as I don't think it's upto running anything higher. I tried a 13t at one point on my 450GT and it felt and sounded like it was about to self distruct at any moment.

See? Just goes to show ya... there's more than one opinion on how to set it up. I started out with the 3550, it was just too much torque; beating up my belt & getting hot because I had my pitch curves out to lunch cuz I didn't know any better. (Can't say I do yet...but...) Went with the 3200 and the 12t and it turned my howling beast into a purring little puddytat.

What I want to try next (maybe on the Pro or the HDX) is a 1700 and bump up to a 4-5Spack; try and swap a little amperage for more voltage.

mnem
*450-Rich*