RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will changing paddle angle affect windy day performance?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 AM
rob.rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will changing paddle angle affect windy day performance?

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

A single wheel collar on each end did improve stability just enough to give me the feel I wanted. So for other guys dealing with this it's a worthwhile mod to do. Unfortunately, the heli had a blade holder failure and threw a blade the other day and beat itself to death on the way to the ground. There was more stuff broken than not, so I'm Ebay'ing the parts and will get something better. I'm scanning the classifieds for a good used TRex 450, but may get a new Tarot clone for about the same price. From what I'm told, the Tarots are the best of the clones, with Copter X being next in line at a substantially reduced price. I'm done messing with junky stuff and want a bird that I can set up properly and trust it to work right long term. I'll listen to any and all suggestions from you guys on what to get if you're so inclined to offer. In other news, I traded a cheap pistol (did the proper background check with a dealer) for a Trex 600 nitro. I am absolutely amazed at how much easier the big heli is to fly than the cheap 450 was.
you may find it cheaper to get a bare bones air frame and move you electronics over to it or even a kit
http://mikeysrc.com has videos on building a rchelicopter from opening the box to setting blade tracking

not to be unkind
but the loss of the blade grip was most likely your falt for not checking the screws going in to the fethering shaft