Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Had a really nice day today!

Looks like preliminarily my new reflux meds are working!
Hope that it all goes well for you.

After my dentists appointment I met with ''Cort'' at the flying field and delivered my HK450GT T/T and ALL the sundry parts to include batteries to him!

It felt wonderful! I think my love for the ''random act of kindness'' is only equaled by my need to NOT have things laying around that I'm NOT using (or the anti Simon/Rob behavior) and that someone can make perfectly good use of!
What a great gesture. Got me to thinking that maybe Ill keep the GT and wait for someone who could use a start in this hobby. Otherwise I would prob just strip it down and end up throwing it in the bin

For now I will support the 500 platform only in money and time!

One of two things will happen. I will just stay with the 500 class and move up to the 550 or get out of heli's all together!
No matter how much we would love you to stick around its your decision to make. Guess it all depends on whether the club draws you in or not.

I visited with all the boys out at the club and got footage of ''Patrick'' flying but the video somehow became ''corrupt'' Grrrrr!

I explained my plight to one of the guys who is very accomplished and his take was that it really wasn't a bad idea that if I stay in the hobby to explore the HK550. He suggests that folks are snobbish about it and that an HK550 is NOT a bad route to go! This will yet to be seen as I haven't made a decision. To ''sweeten'' the pot further he indicated quite clearly that if I were to crash a 500 vs. a 550 that the 550 would cost less to repair in that full size servos seldom ''strip'' their gears! Hmmmmm more food for thought!

Bryan noted on my YT page that it costs a lot more to repair a 500 than a 450 but I submit two things. I have never (with the exception of set up error and recall that I didn't ''crash, but auto'd in) crashed my 500's (yet)! The 450's on the other hand....

Further, trying to keep up a seldom flown platform (the 450) takes money/time away from the large class heli's!

(Damn, I'd make a good attorney)

Anyhooooooo I'm 450less as of today and it secretly feels GREAT!

All the best!

b

PS Which one of you bizzzizzzzzaches broke the HobbyKing website??[:@]
Not me I havent touched it in ages.
Ive got a similar problem in that both GT's are giving me grief. The thought of pulling them both down to make 1 that may or may not work is something that I dont want to think about at the moment.
Maybe Ill just go down Jonesy,s path and pull the trigger on a Tarot Pro and forget about the GT's altogether. Decisions, decisions.

Yah, we'll see. Down to the 500 and the MCP X and Quad!

I was getting to where I was dreading the thought of pulling that GT down again too. One of the things that makes it so miserable is the size. ALL those SMALL hex bolts that were (I'm NOT make this up) 4 different sizes!

The bolts were getting wallered more and more!

I highly recommend the 500 class if just not for it's GREAT EASE to work on let alone its ease to fly!

I built and flew the HK500GT for around 250USD a year or so ago so they ARE economical!

(Devil getting behind and pushing a bit!)

All the best!

b