RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finishing for a TF GS P-51D
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
rlemaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finishing for a TF GS P-51D

Thanks Frets,

I did a little math on this. The TF GS p-51 ws is 84.5. By my calculations, assuming a real ws of 37', that means it is basically 1/5.25 in scale.
That's not a huge difference though. Not nearly like what I'm seeing. I've looked at the decals more and it appears the graphical decals
(ie: fuel cap, etc.) seem to be pretty close. It looks like it is primarily the text that is too large. I suspect that whoever did these just didn't
get their font sizing correct. Thankfully that's easy enough to fix. I can print my own decals so I'll just correct where necessary.

Chris, I see what you mean for the call-outs. I've been looking over some pics of other p-51's and I do see differences that would suggest
what you are saying. I think, in this case, I've broken the first rule of true model building .... that the idea is to replicate the actual subject
you are building around. I need to just gather up all of the Big Beautiful Doll pictures I can get and go by those. I have Don's documentation
pack and the ones in the thread you pointed to along with some others. I think there are enough there to get all the details covered.

Frets, gotta agree with you about Chris's work. Not to mention the other guys who have piped in on this. I feel like a student in a room
full of professors.

Thanks guys,
Russ