RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: hugj

Well gent's today was the maden on a field of the hk aka align 550 e.
I did a few quick circiuts just to get the feel for her ablut a 4 min flight my nerves were flowing.
the flight went great! No oroblems except the wind but she handeled it well, the piolt on the other hand, well
The nerves!!!
After all the headaces it was well worth it, very stable quick and forgiving. now a post flight check out to make sure every thing is
where it is soposeto be.
Brian I have to agree 500 and 550 are much easer to work on I have one 450 left, my first and you know what she will become!
I now have the hk 500 aka trex, gaui425 fbl and the budget build gaui is going to a new home, and the hk trex 550
Great fleet and the size is what I want.
I think I will keep these and do a few upgrades and keep the mntc. up to date.
Take care I'll try to get a video or two for you all.
Hugh

Hiya Hugh!

Glad you are enjoying 550 and glad you got it sorted!

Yah, I think my discipline re: flight checks is significantly more frequent with my bigger heli. I really don't know why as I should have done that with the smaller too!

The bigger ones just feel more "real" to me!

Re: the bigger fleet. I recall the day I was standing down at my LHS buying this [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-sr-rtf-electric-micro-heli-EFLH1500]POS[/link]! The guy was trying to explain to me that BIGGER is better, way more stable in flight due to sheer mass and in the long run I would spend less money because bigger is where you will naturally be as you progress with the hobby, so why not START there?? My retort was, "Because I don't have Simon money, I have a wifely I have to get all this by"!

In retrospect, with all things being equal and I had the money and knew that I would stick with the hobby, I'd would have done just that. Over half of the people at the flying club have never flown a 450!

They all started with the 600 class!

As for me, as I have lamented in prior posts and blathering, will evaluate my behavior see if I am still interested before I commit to the 550. I have basically decided that if I spring for one it will be a genuine Align. Not that I'm a snob but calculated the difference between the HK and the Align (keeping in mind I don't have ANY parts in the bin for the HK) is a bout 250 bux or about the price of equipping myself with batteries.

I think I will take the "hit" and buy the genuine Align!

But I will see.

I wonder if any of these hobby places have sales as we enter the holiday???

All the best!

b