RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Grats on the maiden Hugh!

rb, I can't believe that they still sell that POS! It is by far the most expesive heli I have!

I too got an Align 500 but Align has quality issues too. After 2 bad swashes I got a IIRC which solved my low gain/wobbles. Also have a real futaba tail servo. Also the ds 510s don't meet speed specs as advertised. I think it's mostly luck with all the companies and think you'd be better served picking parts.

Now I do like the looks of the Goblins, nice head geometry and good looking machining. A lot of smack though.

Phoenix blathering server is up for the day. Password is our friendly english git.

Cheers,
Ken

Yah, the LHS keeps one, in the box as an example of why you SHOULDN'T buy one.

Yah, re: Align. It's kind of funny b/c there are many, many companies out there that make better stuff! I found, however that I consistently get an adequate product for my money and having the 4 LHS's stock parts it a no brainer but you point is well made. Even further, I hear from the people who have been using Align for decades that Aligns q/c is dropping. Basically one has to do a cost benefit analysis. I owned the HK500 and I own the Align 500 and they were VERY near in quality. I just don't have the stomach to cobble together a 750 USD HK550 when for a few hundred more, I can get a "system matched" machine that most likely won't devil me. My 500 has been flawless!

As for Goblins, I can't even LOOK at them lustfully. Really neat aircraft!

Re: Phoenix, that's a great idea, just announce and leave it running! Sadly work calls (PM shift) but I will be off Mon/Tue and perhaps you and I can work out a connection as it has been years! I'll keep up with you!

All the best!

b