RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has TopFlite gone nuts with the price??
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has TopFlite gone nuts with the price??

There is no doubt about it, if they charge $750.00 for a MonoKote ARF and folks buy them, the price will stay the same if not go higher.....

But my whole point to this thread is how much $$$ are they making on a plane charging that kind of money? Could they make more money on the same plane if they dropped the price and sold more units????

Lets face it, there are plenty of folks that won't pay that for the plane.. I know there is plenty of folks that will and do, but I bet for every one that does, there is 4 that won't.....

Lets just say they are making $400.00 per unit and they sell 1,000 units for a return of 40K.. What if they dropped it to a $200.00 dollar profit per unit and sold 3,000 units for a return of 60K...

I know my numbers are just numbers and i am sure TF has done the math to get the best bang for their buck...

But with the price we are paying for an arf now, I see no reason we can't bring the manufacturing back to the USA.. Think about it and i think you will agree... Most of use to say, " I can't build the plane for that"...
Well I know I could and if anyone is thinking they couldn't, they haven't built many planes....

Lets take the TF corsair, the ARF is $750.00 and the kit is $350.00.. Even if you went that way and built the kit, you can buy a lot of monokote and glue with $400.00.....

No one went Pee Pee in my cereal this morning, i just been thinking is all... I think the price of some of these ARF'S has got out of hand... I know what some are thinking, if you don't like it, don't buy one.. And that is great advice, because I won't......

Jimbo