RCU Forums - View Single Post - CDI gr8flyer55
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
jakestew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CDI gr8flyer55

I just uploaded v0.99b7 to the website.

There are no code changes, but I hid some sheets and locked some cells. Also tweaked the views a bit.

Only cells that should be edited are available to change now. I hid the 3 sheets that don't need to be messed with. Added some code to minimize the ribbon, hide the formula bar and headings.

There is no password on the file. All you have to do is go to...
- "Home -> Format -> UnProtect Sheet" to unprotect the sheet. You have to do this to each sheet you want to change.
- "Home -> Format -> Hide & Unhide -> Unhide Sheet" will let you unhide the hidden sheets.
- Ctrl-F1 will switch the ribbon between normal and auto-hide modes.
- Click "View -> Headings/Formula bar" to make headings and formula bar show back up.

AFAIK these changes will only apply to this spreadsheet and not mess with your default Excel settings. Hopefully these changes make it a little easier and less stressful to edit the settings and curves. The view changes should make it easier to see everything without extra foolery cluttering the screen. If there are any problems let me know.

You can now quickly get to all the settings by hitting the Tab key, which will take you right to each unlocked cell. I also changed the colors a little. The informational settings that are just for checking things are in a olive drab green and the actual settings that affect things are in a slightly different green color.

-Jake