RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
mmurray70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey guys, I havent been on here much in the past year. been really busy with work lately and havent had as much time for helis. Plus ive been spending more time practicing on my mcpx since its so much more crash forgiving.

Anyway Ive been having some issues with my 450. I crashed it for the first time last year and rebuilt it with a whole new head from HK and some blades from e-bay. E-bay seller ripped me off and sent wood blades instead of glass. But I tried them anyway and it seemed to fly fairly well actually. This year the first time I took it out I had major issues with the tail drifting. Im running a HK-401 and HK 9257 servo. After my first run this year I came back home and did some research online only to realize I had it in rate mode and didnt realize. Assumed that was the problem but a few weeks later I tried again and still had some major tail drift. Im after doing more research and found that some people have had issues with vibration throwing it off. My wooden blades were a little off balance so i put a nice new balanced set of fiberglass blades and now it runs much smoother but still drifts. I found a video on youtube about setting up linkages and the gyro. Tried that and ended up with a huge tail wag and still some drift. Starting to get frustrated with it. Especially since it flew fine last year. Have a few questions.

Should I set my linkages so that I have zero pitch on the tail blades with the servo centered? Or should I set it with some pitch so that the servo is close to center while hovering? Video suggested no pitch with servo cenered but sort of makes sense to be closer to center while hovering.

Should headspeed affect tail drift? I get a slight drift one way in idle up 1 and it actually drifts the other way when in idle up 2 which is set at a slightly higher headspeed. Also tends to change as the battery drops a little. Does this make any sense?

Can anybody give me some pointers to get this thing flying straight again?