RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where you build and store your planes? Temperature!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Where you build and store your planes? Temperature!

ORIGINAL: acdii

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: acdii

My friend stores all his planes in his barn, hanging from the trusses. They are all in good shape, though some of the older ones are showing signs of distress where the dope is cracking, but thats more of an age issue than anything else as some of his planes exceed 20 years. In IL the temps swings are great, from well under 0 to over 100.
You forgot to mention HUMID!!!!
Humid! There, is that better! Yes, it does get humid here. Until I spent a couple days in Las Vegas in August I had no idea what people meant by a dry heat. Now I do, standing outside in 105* weather in LV, is sure a lot more comfortable than 85* with 75% humidity.

When I was in the Army I spent a lot of time in Chi Town, they pulled my young beach bumb butt out of Calif. and stuck me in Missouri. A lot of friends were from Chicago so I spent a lot of time there. I think due to the lake it was more humid there then in the Ozarks? I know it was colder in the winter too when I met the Hawk for the first time. If a plane is going to be effected anyplace it would be there.
Yes, Vegas is a dry heat but so is fire!!