View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat P90-RXi

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

Hi

We have been watching in the last few years, from many manufacturers and JC in particular, to the following features:

1-Internal kerostart
2-Internal solenoid valves
3-Internal ECU (not in JC)
4-Internal pump

What will be next internal? will they make a turbine with internal landing gear and airplane???[&:]

Also another comun feature is the machined compressor.

Of course it is great to make an easy install, but in the end if you have an internal kero plug damaged or a damaged valve, the turbine will have to be shipped for the manufaturer to solve a simple problem. Is this a good thing? I don't believe so....

Service is a profit center and manufacturers think they will protect theirselves with these features.

The same for machined compressors-you will never be able to buy a compressor if it is damaged. Burn plug? Sticky valve? Frozen pump? Return it for service...wait and pay big bucks.

All in all, I feel that I want to stick with old fashion. Am I alone with these thoughts?

Regards

Nuno
Not at all. I want serviceable items to remain external. Don't mind internal solenoid though, as long as I can bypass them if necessary.
What's next? I'd like to see a power inverter that provides power to the model, so that batteries would only be needed as backup and for start up.
David