RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
rockin daddy
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Hey JonC:

You sure do not need 30% Nitro glow fuel to make your Saito 100 run well !   10% is more than adequate.  Have been mixing my glow fuel for many years.   I f you don't care about the cost of 30% fuel then by all means burn it up.   I mix 10% Nitro fuel for less than $9 / gallon.   My fuel has 10% Nitro, 20% oil (10% castor oil and 10% Klotz Techniplate).   The castor oil is an excellent lubricant but requires that you use some automatic tramsmission oil as after run lubricant and preservative if the engine is not going to be run the next few days.   Nitromethane is the most expensive component to date, costing $40/ gal.  There are several synthetic oil's available that will work.   There are alot of fellows that use as little as 15% oil.   My Saito's and HP 49's have been running for 25 years now on 20% oil and the cylinders are bright and shinny showing no signs of wear.  I hear alot of "boo-hoos" because of the cost of glow fuel sometimes $16~$20 /gallon.  For that reason there has been a big switch to electric.  I have a few electrics but they just aren't the same.   Too quiet!  No motor sound !!    Four strokes sound great and are easy on fuel compaired to 2-cycle motors.   Many of the guys in our area clubs have gone to gas!  Gas motors perform well and are relatively inexpensive to operate.   I do not burn ethanol laced pump gasoline in my gas motors.  I use aviation fuel and good chain saw oil.   AV gas has tetraethyl lead in and preservatives in it that will not screw up your carburator.   At $5.50 a gallon, it is still the best pick for a good running 2-cycle gas engine.  On of these days I may try a FG series Saito 4 stroke that runs on gasoline/oil mix and has an ignition system.   Maybe when I grow up!!