RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: mmurray70
Also the reason it was drifting slightly different for me in different modes was my fault. I had different trim settings in each mode. I didnt exactly realized it but the DX7 has 4 sets of trim settings. They are independant for normal, idle1, idle2 and throttle hold. Just figured I would post it in case anybody here is like me and didnt notice this.
Yes this is a gotcha with spektrum that most of us are well aware of. General rule is to not use trim or sub trim for gyro/rudder because this effectively tells the gyro that your always inputing a rudder signal. It just so happens that this rudder input is telling the gyro to correct a drift usually caused by mechanical setup or vibs through the heli which in turn is holding the tail.

Some gyros when they initialise will reset their centre based on your trim setting so you may end up chasing your tail so to speak.

If your gyro and tail was not drifting before the crash and it is now, I would still suspect that your getting vibrations or somthing is still bent or damaged.

Jonesy

Yeah I would be checking the tail rotor shaft first then make sure nothing else is slightly bent.
Then do the hot glue fix on the gyro and check its mounting. Sometimes even using different mounting tape can make the world of difference.