RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

@ Jonesy. If I do end up going to the pro, anything I need to watch out for as it will be the first TT one Ive had.
The only thing that I can think of is you need to be very carefull of the surface your taking of and landing on. The rear vertical tail fin is only a hair longer than the blades so it's very easy to to bump the tail rotor if the ground is uneven or in grass etc. Once you've had a torque tube the belt really sucks due to ease of maintenance on the TT so you'll be a winner there. Buy a bunch of spare plastic front and rear torque tube gears (the umbrealla gears and rear shaft) as they are handy to have. I've had a few tail strikes and bent a shaft and chewed a few gears but you can replace them in about 5 minutes on the rear.

The Tarot PRO V2 kits I've got have been great. Both of them had the one way bearing pressed in uneven which was no good so replaced the hub and OWB with align. The TT was also slightly bent so I replaced that with align as well for a few bucks. Align has two different TT's, one will break the end off in case of a strike and the other one is much stronger and will chew your gears out instead. Just note the different types if your looking at parts etc.

After about 120 flights on my first one, I replaced the two small bearings in the rear tail case that the TT runs through, which also only takes 5 minutes. They had gone a bit notchy

The first thing you'll appreciate is there is not one phillips head screw to be found in the whole kit, which annoyed the heck out of me with the 450GT's...especially after you needed to pull anything apart that had threadlock. Even the phillips head screws were rubbish.

Flybarless and torque tube have been a real winner for me with regards to simplification and ease of maintenance etc.

The tgy306g is a ripper of a tail servo. Ihave anothr one arriving to replace my align ds520. Your inoloab 202hb's would be a great combination with the tgy306 in a pro.

Jonesy

Thanks for the info Jonesy. A few quick questions.
Ive noticed that they have as spares TT collars. Are they to take up any slack and do you need to buy them or are they included in the kit.

Ive never really checked my one way bearings. How do you know if they aren't straight?

Other than that I have the Inolab and Turnigy servos just sitting here and dont want to waste my time putting them in the HK pro. What to do?

The GT is pulled down awaiting parts and what I found is a heap of fine black rubber in the end of the tail so that tells me that the belt has been slipping. Also the tail drive gear had a wobble so glad I ordered a new one.

The Pro has been starting to wobble again and I see that the 415's are getting more and more slop. Took it out yesterday and flew well until the wind picked up and then it was acting up a bit.
Guess the sloppy servos had something to do with it.

Anyway my 1 year heli anniversary is coming up soon so I hope Ive got a heli flying so I can do a then and now video. Haven't progressed as fast as you but I'm still happy at where I'm at.

You must be close to being a dad. I guarantee it will be more nerve racking than your first maiden. While they are all special moments The first one will blow you away.
Make sure you post a picture of your arm after the birth. Mightn't make sense now but it will later.