RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Thanks for the info Jonesy. A few quick questions.
Ive noticed that they have as spares TT collars. Are they to take up any slack and do you need to buy them or are they included in the kit.

No they don't come in the kit and Iforgot to buy some last time but Ihave not used any in my two. There is no adjustment for the tt gear mesh but I don't think it's an issue. If your real worried then you could put a few shims in.

Ive never really checked my one way bearings. How do you know if they aren't straight?

If you take the hub out and spin your main gear they are usually pretty straight on their own. If you put the mainshaft through after it's back together and the main gear wobbles bad the OWB is not straight, or the one way bearing shaft that goes on with the autorotation gear is crushed or warped. If your head wobbles or you can see your swash linkage balls moving in and out when you spin it by hand this is another sign.

Anyway my 1 year heli anniversary is coming up soon so I hope Ive got a heli flying so I can do a then and now video. Haven't progressed as fast as you but I'm still happy at where I'm at.

Mate, you've done exceptionally well where a lot of people would have given up. It's definately clicked for you from what I've seen and let me tell you it only gets more enjoyable from now on.

You must be close to being a dad. I guarantee it will be more nerve racking than your first maiden. While they are all special moments The first one will blow you away.
Make sure you post a picture of your arm after the birth. Mightn't make sense now but it will later.

Another 5 weeks, but it looks like she might be a week or two early

Jonesy