RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has TopFlite gone nuts with the price??
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
wallace.tharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has TopFlite gone nuts with the price??

Hi Scott Douglas: Your RADAR sweep is really turning around fast! Are you an Air Traffic Controller or old GCI or GCA guy? Perhaps an AWAX? Yes I am, and I am now a USAF Range Control Officer on Barry Goldwater Bombing Ranges, AZ. My answer, I priced tires for my wife's Element Fri. The same high end Michelins that I bought for her Element about 3 years ago at Costco for $475 "out the door," hold your billfod, now.... $844 OMG! Our best economists say we have a built in kind of taxation in the US that only counts certain things in the cost of living index and allows other things, gas & diesel etc., to go crazy. Car batteries for years, $28 to $34, Sears always installed them for no extra charge. Do I have to tell you I paid almost $100 for one the other day. Our government constantly runs down the cost of the dollar so it will be easy for other countries to purchase our goods. The good news!!!! I paid $349 for a Kraft Gold Spec radio in about 1981, & now, 30 years later, the same $ will buy a radio with many times the reliability (usually), and way more technology. Bright side, Great hobby & great people! wallace.tharp