RCU Forums - View Single Post - Axial EXO Terra Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Axial EXO Terra Buggy?

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

we have to face the fact, no model is perfect

I could deal with the body having to come of to make adjustments or repairs....but making the battery a pain to put in is something I dont wanna deal with. The HPI mini trophy truck was like that and its the main reason I sold it. Its a cool looking, very tough model. A bit overweight, and nose heavy, but those things I could deal with . You needed the hands of a 2 year old to get the battery in/out tho. Ive got huge frickin hands. It usually took me 3-4 minutes to do a simply battery change.

Ill wait for the redcat model that looks like the exo to come out. I think it will be based of the current 8e line, tho im not sure. That does means some diff woes, but I can live with that if it means a nice simple battery change.

But I could be wrong. Redcat may have also decided to mount the body directly. I cannot tell from the current pics availible.
looks directly mounted from the pics you put in the other thread I see 2 screws holding the front of the body on going into the front skid plate, and 2 more going into some mount that looks like hooked to the front shock tower. But that just means the front is if its a few different pieces then the rear might attach differently as I don't see how a battery would even mount.