RCU Forums - View Single Post - Inexpensive pattern/ 3D plane??
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:01 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inexpensive pattern/ 3D plane??

Yep two different airplanes’s like thumby said...

Closest thing would maybe be 3DHS viper I own one it's ok but if I wanted a pattern plane I would have to ask myself how deep do I want to go down the pattern’s bunny hole because pattern is expensive ..!! Like a comp arf spark or an even a wood 2m pattern plane is pricey... and the main issue would have is how many patten meet's are in my area and how many could i attend a year... seeing how pattern is kinda dieing off i dunno if i would spend the money on it... sebart has some pattern ships as well i don't htink they are cheap though or small...

If I just wanted to fly around a pattern ship I would look at an orsious or vanquish... but i would weigh heavy on the money i wanted to put into it...

If I wanted pure 3D you probly already know everything that's out there ... if I was just starting out... i'd probly go with a primeo or a something pretty tuff that flys true in the profile planes

on the up side the good thing about pattern dieing off you can find use pattern ship's mostly the old school YS 4 stroke ones... with pipes but if you felt you wanted to deal with that mess you could probly find a used pattern ship ... bad thing is nitro on that YS 170 sux I think its 30 % ? You could be like 8 dollars plus a flight!

Vary rarely do I see the newer electronic pattern ship's at swap meets... And I have yet to see a gas 2m pattern ship...

good luck !!