RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6th Scale HE-111
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1/6th Scale HE-111

I went through tons of books drawings and websites to find how the airfoils were and for the most part I am satisfied with what I have some up with.

It seems the center section with the nacelles the ribs had a guppy like belly to them and from the inner panel to the tip it transitioned from the guppy rib into a symmetrical rib at the tip.

Secondly the transition from the center section to the tip dihedral isnt a sharp transition like on most planes but a nice smooth curve from the flat section up into the dihedral.

So Now I am starting setting up my loft on the wings and when I get that done will post some more pics. it will be one of my more challenging lofts.

Also the nacelles follow the angle of the dihedral but the landing gear is 90 deg to the ground so that will be interesting to see how all that retraction is going to take place.

I was able to get the center section to loft to my satisfaction on a flat plane and now I have to incorporate Dihedral. Now in the Dihedral there isn't a sharp bend it is swept upwards over a curve. I looked at vance's plans and he doesn't show a front view or anything on the Dihedral. so I have some good drawings from one of my books I need to enlarge and trace this morning then I can set up the Loft and away we go.