RCU Forums - View Single Post - New project boat
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 PM
damfurst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New project boat

ORIGINAL: SkR8Pn

Hey, looks like someones been busy.. It's looking great!

With dual props, do the motors rotate the same direction or opposite to each other? I'm thinking opposite but really dont know. Is there an advantage to using dual props over single?

Cheers
J
The motors rotate opposite to each other that way there isn't any torque roll. There are advantages and disadvantages. Advantages are 1st no torque roll as long as the props are rotating different directions, 2nd more power to a given hull should equate to a higher speed over a single prop but this is where the disadvantages come into play. Dual props means dual everything motors, esc's, sometimes batteries, so twice the weight. But they are fun to mess with. Maybe somebody reading this will chime in as well as I don't know everything.

I did try running this yesterday morning but we had kind of bust. I ran at first at 1/3 throttle and it looked good. Went to go to full throttle and it tore the couplers up by spinning inside of them and mellting them a little. So now I need to find some different couplers. lol