RCU Forums - View Single Post - need advise please....
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: need advise please....

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I think Foxy NAILED it regarding handling of the Savage. I am a new proud owner of a Savage X 4.6, and have been SHOCKED at how poorly it handles.
My full review is forthcoming, but on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 3 on handling at best. Sharp turn at 15 mph guaranteed roll. And any kind of turn at 25+ mph...your running.

With that, I am a buggy guy, so can only compare it to those. I'm okay with the lack of handling. It will probably be the only Monster Truck I get, which is why I got the baddest one out there. It's my extreme bashing vehicle, and the pros do make up for the lack of handling....but I am still amazed at how poorly it handles. Regardless, at least I have one and can use it for what it's intended.

My next vehicle will be a truggy.

did you take out the shock pre-loads?
I have not, but thanks for the tip. I'm definitely going to look at ways to tune it for better handling (no matter how small). As noted, it's certainly serving its purpose, so that is great. When I feel like running something that will handle like a little whippet on the road, I've got my buggies. When I feel like running something that will run over/through anything its way-I've got my MT. ;-) The best of both worlds.
yea before I removed all the pre-loads my savage X would literally flip at any speed over idle in a turn. Since removal I'd say it can prolly take turns going 10-15ish mph, but wheelies are a tad harder to pull(not much, but I also find em a bit more controllable).