Thread: Gorilla Glue
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gorilla Glue

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

If it is wet use mineral spirits. If it's hard then use sandpaper[img][/img] or solvent such as acetone,laquer thinner etc. I find it has it's place for filling in gaps and for gluing foamies back together and for attaching hinge points or nylon hinges it's great. I first coat the hinge joint in vasilene and then apply just a little water to the control surface holes and the trailing edge holes. Next take a tooth pick with a little glue, and I mean a little, and then rub it in the hole insert the hinges and line it up and let it set. In about 1/2 an hr check it again and work the hinges some, don't try to wipe off any glue that foams out yet, when it gets hard you will be able to take a #11 blade and pick the excess right off and your hinges will function just fine, and they will not pull loose, even in a crash. Don't ask[img][/img]
Man Please, all that work for installing hinge points? use 5, 15 or 30 min epoxy, let it cure and even if it gets to the hinge joint you can snap it free, 30 years of installing hinge points always with epoxy and never a failure. Gorilla glue, dampen the surface, apply, watch for foam, pick it away, what a joke!