RCU Forums - View Single Post - RESCUE TURBINE - Customer service...NOT !
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
whitcombe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RESCUE TURBINE - Customer service...NOT !

I did send it back after numerous emails explaining that it would not even start. His responce was that I had to adjust the parameters until it worked, which made me question how he got it running? So I sent the whole lot back including the turbine, ECU, valaves, pump and even the 2 cell lipo as he said he would adjust the parameters accordingly. Well after waiting a month it finally arrived, with out any explaination what was wrong or an email> I was really looking forward to getting this little simjet in the air but one the first attempt to start the original fault was still present and nothing had been adjusted. So I informed him that I felt that I had not received the sevice that I had originally paid for and this was met with an email basically informing me that the turbine ran "perfectly" and that I was doing something wrong? I used all the equipment provided and even ran some fresh Jet A1 but still no improvement. Well after owning and flying numorous turbines over the years, being and airframes/propulsions tech on RAF fast jets for 11 years as well as a chief examiner on planes/heli's I was a bit thrown back by his blunt comments!

And lastly, I have been informed that the original starter motor that comes with the turbine is optimised for 7.2v operation with the old ECU where as the Xicoy autostart V10 is optimised for a 6 volt starter. So how the hell did he get it running as the motor never reached 28000 rpm and so could not self sustain???