RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gorilla Glue
Thread: Gorilla Glue
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:57 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gorilla Glue

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Takes no more time and I don't have to hurry up because the epoxy is setting up on me while I'm trying to line up the hinges, and just so you know epoxy will not stick to nylon hinges very long wise guy! Thats why I mix it on plastic container lids and use nylon spatulas,just flex it and it pops right off. If you've got nothing good to say then keep it to yourselfReally why do guys like you have to get in a thread and try to make yourself and your ideas sound sosuperior.
Yeah I thot the same thing....Why poo-poo any glue? They all have their strengths and if one builds at all, he will learn which glue is best for the application at hand. Hinge points and Gorilla are well matched. Roughened hinge points and epoxy or slow ca also work well together. No biggie either way

To the OP, +1 for the gloves. Anytime a job is going to get messy, I opt for the gloves too. But once I get GG on my hands and it turns black from grime, I sand it off the skin. I try hard not to get too much solvent on my bare hands. Skin absorbs solvents