RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Ford34tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Facia, I have the very same Spit you are describing. Saito, Keloe, prop ect. It flys great. I balanced per the instructions and have never noticed a nose-over problem. I have(finally) learned to be gentel with the throttle on take-offs and not put it to the floor. It makes take-offs much more pleasent and reduces nose-overs.

I have added machine guns (brass tubing painted flat black) and done a fair amount of airbrushing on mine to further detail it. To me, the biggest improvement you can make to the looks of the plane is give it a coat of Top-Flite Flat Lustercoat to get rid of the shine. It really improves the looks. If you do that, just be careful to go lightly as it also adds weight to the plane.

You well absolutely love the Keloe exhaust. Go slow and careful when you cut (dremel) the cowl for it. There is nothing quite like running the engine and gunning it to watch it belch smoke and gas out the exhausts. I will never admit to how much time I have spent doing that. Hint...it's even better with the engine set a little rich!!!

Have fun, you will love this plane.

Tom