RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club 40 Skyraider II Thrust Angles & CG......>>>
Old 10-26-2012, 03:47 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club 40 Skyraider II Thrust Angles & CG......>>>

I have zeroed the engine and it made no appreciable difference in the flight characteristics.  I did this on at least four of the SRMII's.  Start with your CG on the factory point or a little forward.  If you move it aft it gets squirrely fairly quick.  The main thing is make sure the wing is straight to the fuselage and the tail feathers are set up to the wing and that the horiz. stab and the wing are in parallel planes.  After it is together get a lot of airtime turning left at speed.  If you do not have pylons build a set.  The plans are on RCPRO.  Then practice.  You know the drill.  Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice.  Oh yes,  Practice and have some helpers on the pylons to tell you if you are going to far or cutting.  If you are running a new motor.  Run 3-4 tanks though it on a test stand and stay rich about 1000-1500 of peak.  The run about 6 tanks though it in the air making sure you are 800-1000 off peak and then start leaning it out 100 rpm at a time.  When you are broken in you should have a needle setting 300 rpm off peak using the pinch the fuel tubing method and you should really be stylin.