RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 AM
mR JoLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Hi there Scott etal. . . . Gent's just got my first Moki motor and have spent the last few days working my way through this monster of a thread.. I have one of the new 180's and plan on adding a pimp after some initial runs with the on-board pulse pump to see how it performs. I am going to an end of season show tomorrow to get the A123 battery and voltage regulator. With any luck also sort a prop at the same time.

One thing that intrigues me with the instructions they recommended exactly the same propellers as the 150? Surely with the extra 30cc there should be a little more grunt there.

Recommended are 2 blades 26 x 16, 28 x 14, 30 x 12 and for 3 blades 24 x 16, 26 x14. It's going in a 1/3.2 scale Laird Turner Special - Miss Champion (95" span) with an expected weight of 35 - 40LBS. Having a cowl with a 15" diameter the propeller choice becomes more of a thinker! I will probably go for a Biela prop following a recommendation from Mick B.

Ideally I would like to put a 3 blade on of about 30". does anyone have any suggestions for the first try, not that I want a collection of props you understand!! Should I stick to 2 blade????

Nigel