RCU Forums - View Single Post - kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme
Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme

ORIGINAL: zonker123
After losing my AD Scorpion to 1) flying it to far out , and 2) dumb thumbing into the ground because I flew it to far out, I ordered an Extreme Dragon through Eric @ JetCentral USA. As always Eric maintained great contact with me, keeping me informed of the planes progress from ordering to shipping.

Skymaster kept up their end. I ordered the plane in late August and received it just last week. That was not too bad a wait at all. And when I did get it, it had been packed in amazing fashion and arrived in excellent shape. Everything had been wrapped in foam and bubble wrap, then surrounded with expanding foam.

And a shout out has to go to DHL shipping. The plane left Skymaster on Monday, on Tuesday it was in the hands of DHL. On Thursday @ 2 o'clock it was sitting beside my garage here in eastern NC.

I know we generally only talk here on the forum about the rotten stuff that happens to us. But this time all went well.

Gonna do a build thread on the Dragon if there is any interest, haven't seen one in awhile.

Take care
Mike
I also just recently ordered a Dragon but initially tried ordering through BVM. They were nice enough on the phone but never got back to me with a shipping quote. Since BVM never got back to me I decided to contact X-Treme Jets directly. After a couple of emails with John at X-Treme Jets regarding availability and shipping costs my Dragon was ordered. A few days after payment, I received an email confirming my payment had been received and shortly after that I received a DHL tracking number. I received the tracking number on Saturday morning and while I was trying to track my shipment on Monday afternoon the doorbell rang and it was DHL with my Dragon. I was amazed at how quickly it was delivered to say the least. I may be an exception, but I had absolutely no hassle what so ever dealing directly with John at X-Treme Jets... Also, the shipment was received in absolutely perfect condition, DHL didn't put so much as a mark on the outside of the packaging.

I haven't started my Dragon yet due to trying to get my shop in order and cleaned up from my last project but hope to get to it soon. By all means, start an assembly thread and I'll try to contribute to it also as I build mine. The only info I've found on the Dragon appears to be quite old and the ARF has changed quite a bit since then so I think some updated assembly information is in order.