RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!

Update,
Pulled the TM1000 out of the plane where I could see it clearly, connected signal and black lead up to the CDI unit using a "Y". Now I have the TM1000 actually blink each time the magnet passes the sensor but no reading. Here's what I have on the DX8 when I open the RPM settings, and it looks just like this:

Display:ACT Alarm
RPM Min: 100 Inh
MAX: 10000 Inh
Ratio: 1.00 : 1
Poles: 2

I tried Inh on the Poles, no joy

I think the Inh under the alarm correspond to the min max numbers

I'm thrilled that the TM1000 is actually blinking, cuz I think that means it is getting and transmitting data WRT RPM otherwise it wouldn't blink. I also moved the ratio from 1 to 1 but that didn't make a difference.

Any Ideas group? One final bit of info, I had the RPM previously working with the normal crank sensor in the back of my SuperTigre .91 I'm using Telemetry ch1 (Not that it should matter) I am spinning the prop with an electric starter motor and it is turning 6 or 700 RPM this is fast enough for the crank sensor that HH sells to output data from the TM1000. Does anyone think it needs to be running over 2000 RPM to read on the
DX8?

Thanks

KKKKFl