RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!

Update number two...

SUCCESS!!!!!

Here's what I did to get it to work...  I was pretty sure that from the aircraft side things were operating, leaving the DX8 suspect...   Now don't scream
at me Andy, but when all else fails one of my early experiences told me do a RE-BIND.  So, I re-assigned RPM from channel 1 to channel 6 prolly
has nothing to do with the problem, but then I did a re-bind.   BINGO,,,  by the way the electric starter turns the engine at 1350 RPM but key is to
see the TM1K blink when the magnet passes the sensor.

Now to sum this up for those following the thread. 

I am using an RCG engine that is a copy of a DLE-20, However the ignition module does NOT have the Tach wire (grey).  I cut the wire from the original Hall Effect sensor that HH sells. (Andy help me with the designator SPMA xxxx)  Next I used a "Y" connector plugging the sensor in one leg of the "Y" and sending black and signal to the TM1000 with the remaining leg going to the Electronic ignition.  When I re-assigned the RPM channel to 6 from 1, I let the DX8 pick the default settings.  One final note.  Spinning with the starter motor, you do NOT see immediate RPM readings, they jumped in after a second and a half of the motor spinning.

I could post a picture but there's not much to see, apart from the cable coming from the TM1000 with 3 leads 2 of which now have black and yellow attached.

KKKKFL